Carl Zeiss C-Sonnar 50/1.5 ZM Leica M
The powerful photojournalist fast, compact and accurate
The C Sonnar T* 1.5/50 ZM lens is the modern technological reincarnation of the classical Sonnar 1.5/50, the fastest standard lens of its time, for the Contax II rangefinder camera.
It is fast, very resistant to flaring and unusually compact therefore the C in the lens name. With its well controlled distortion, the lens produces a very accurate representation of objects. It can take the same filters which fit the ZM wide angle lenses with 28, 25 and 21mm focal lengths. This is a very versatile lens for photojournalistic work in general and for available light photography in particular.
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Aperture range: f /1.5 - f/16 (1/3 steps)
- Focusing range: 0.9 m - infinity
- Image ratio at close range: 1 : 15
- Coverage at close range : 37 x 55 cm
- Number of elements/groups: 6/4
- Angular field (diag./horiz./vert.): 46°/38°/27°
- Filter-Mount: 46mm x 0.75
- Weight: 250 g
- Dimensions (with caps) ø: 56 mm, L: 63 mm